Posted on January 12 2018
- So let's talk about the upcoming trends that appear to have a lot of interest lately.In this article we'll discuss fashion ,cosmetics,accessories and make up trends.
- The start of a new year represents several things. Generally, we usher in the first day of the year with anticipation for the endless possibilities ahead. Optimism is in the air mixed with a little nostalgia. That’s for most part, at least.
- When it comes to fashion and beauty, the start of another calendar year entails a wardrobe revamp and update of cosmetics haul. Just as the runway shows for Spring 2018 close in fashion capitals, trends that dominated hint at the shape of things to come. Similarly for beauty, there were some innovations in makeup and skincare that caught traction towards year’s end.
- Make room for the new fashion trends and beauty in 2018. A wardrobe and boudoir update is due. Here’s a rundown of the looks and innovations to look out for:
- Tartans or checkered prints are making a big comeback in 2018. Jackets, oversized shirts or even a pair of trousers are taking on patterns that recall the glory days of anti-fashion fashion in the 90s. At Balenciaga checkered utilitarian pieces were paired with art inspired garments. Victoria Beckham applied the classic print onto her signature tailored dress. Plaids also lent a vintage feel to a pair of N21 knotted slides.
- Fringe details whether utilized as a subtle trim or tiered on a cocktail dress immediately recall the roaring 20s. Calvin Klein’s Creative Director Raf Simmons celebrates the party girl in with a crimson fringe cocktail number held together by what appears to be nets. Dior’s collection took the opposite direction, fraying a long tweed skirt to go with a tailored denim jacket and classic white shirt. Meanwhile, Olivier Rousteing’s striking denim on denim ensembles featured floral embroidery and fringed cowboy trims.
- Its cliché but fashion does follow the pantone of the year. For 2018, it is a delicious shade of lavender best paired with other sorbet tones. Victoria Beckham was infused this pastel hue onto her garments and the classic VB pump for Spring 2018. At Max Mara and Bottega Veneta, pantsuits and jackets were painted in lavender.
- Makeup direction for 2018 is straightforward. Achieve polished skin, well-groomed brows and punctuate the look with a glossy red lip. Models that walked the runway at Chanel wore the red lip layered with gloss to emulate sophistication and youth. At Assoulin, the rouged lip was subtly smudged at the edges for a bitten-by-a-bee effect.
- Big is better as far as accessories go for 2018. Dainty jewelry is taking a back seat to layers of talisman and Victorian-inspired necklaces as seen at Alexander McQueen. It was logo mania at Saint Laurent when clip earrings took on the maison’s trademark YSL. Meanwhile, rocker chic sensibilities were infused onto the gloves-turned bracelet beauty from Lanvin.
- For 2018, it’s no longer enough that you line the upper and lower lids of the eyes. The new direction for makeup dictates the application of graphic shapes onto the eyes, starting with the winged eye. Marc Jacobs added drama to a glossed, au naturelle makeup look through well-defined, dark eyes that swooped up at the outer corners. How to get the look: Tom Ford’s Eye Defining Pen is a heaven sent especially for the non-pros. This dual ended liner makes it easy to create the dramatic eye with a calligraphy tip on one end and a brush on the other.